Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Testing gravitons for mass

The Forces of Nature by Kelland Terry, Ph.D.
I love science. It always searches for the truth, and it continually unfolds before us, often in most unexpected ways. The path of science is a self correcting search for answers that are continually refined through the efforts of countless individuals. I was hell bent on explaining gravity. I needed a test. I ask this question. If air causes a spinning tennis ball to curve in flight, what happens if we reduce the concentration of air? Let’s back up a moment. Give a tennis ball top spin as it travels across the net and it will curve downward. Give this same ball side spin and it will curve right or left depending whether the ball is spinning clockwise or counterclockwise. What causes a ball to curve? Is it entirely due to the ball moving against the air molecules in its path or is some of this curvature due to a super concentration of elastic strings even though we cannot see or feel them? This is the question I hoped to solve.
My first experiment to test this question took me to Death Valley and the mountains of Southern Utah to measure the curvature of balls at different elevations: The higher the elevation the lower the concentration of air. Just how close is the correlation between air concentration and ball curvature? I did test it and I found some interesting results.
Till then, be safe and in good health. Kelland—www.vestheory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment