Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Something about nothing

The Forces of Nature by Kelland Terry, Ph.D.
One summer when we were in grade school, my cousin and I herded a few cows on top of Dad’s mountain for our uncle. I had no shoes and the trip up and down that mountain was torture because I also sprained my ankle on the trail home. Our uncle gave us 25 cents and told us to split it. I don’t know who got the odd penny. Obviously, I must have been disappointed in our day’s earnings or I would not have remembered it. However, to be fair to our uncle, 25 cents at that time is probably equivalent to a few dollars today. I remember walking 2 miles to earn 10 cents for milking someone’s cow, and when I was in the 5th or 6th grade, they let grade school out early that spring so the kids could harvest strawberries for a local farmer. I remember picking about 14 crates of strawberries over a two day period, which netted me $7.00. When I was a little older, my cousin and I would hitchhike 20 miles to pick fruit, and then thumb home. I was fortunate in life because I never felt poor nor did I ever feel the need to accumulate money except to ease the pathway through life.

Almost everything I’ve done in life has been out of curiosity, which finally led me to elastic strings. If you are reading this blog, you must also be curious about the nature of things. Perhaps you are pondering over the following questions:

If all gravitons are presumably identical why don’t they bond and form a force of repulsion? How do electrons, photons, and quarks hold onto the gravitons when they retract? What causes the traveling wave that proceeds along all strings at great velocity? How do elastic string cycles work? The answer to the last question is key to understanding the first three questions. I will first tackle the electron’s elastic string cycle. Kelland—www.vestheory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment